Saturday, May 10, 2008

Crossing things off the list & Early gifts

I got a box from my dad and stepmother today with a really kind note, NEW SILVERWARE to add to my meager supply and this:


Which I think is meant as a bit of a joke :) I do not buy Jell-O and my husband was practically apoplectic with excitement at the thought of making Jigglers!

Yeah me! Today I finished and mailed a project I started before Baby Bear was born. My grandma wanted to create a family history book for her sisters and children that detailed the descendants of her parents. I got so sick while being pregnant that it was all put on hold the end of 2006. I did some work on it the end of last year and then again last month when I was visiting her, and I really wanted to get it to her. We had an understanding that this would be a work in progress--a workbook of sorts for each person to make changes to and update.

Gram turns 79 on Tuesday and as I was getting her birthday presents ready to send I decided that it was time to finish the books up and send them off to her. So, this morning I printed close to 1500 pages of family group sheets and personalized card stock dividers, packed them carefully and took them to the post office. Any prayers you can spare that they arrive intact would be most appreciated! Of course there is the updating and filling out of additional details and frills like photos and copies of documents that needs to happen, but the basics are finished and I am breathing a sigh of relief!

Also today my Visiting Teacher dropped by this:

Isn't that beyond sweet? I know there are those who sniff and scoff at "treats" being part of the program, but personally, I love goodies and flowers and poems and stuff. I love that someone took a moment to think of me, I love them dropping it by and surprising me, and I love having something bright and happy and sweet on my table, reminding me that someone cares enough to take the trouble.

3 comments:

Johnny and Eirian said...

Hey Lara, great to "see you" in the blog world! Happy belated Mother's Day to you- i'd love to see some baby bear pictures? :)

-eirian

Lara said...

>>>>>Hey Eirian! If you'll email me, I'll send you some photos of the kids :) lnkids@yahoo.com Thanks for stopping by!
--Lara

jenn gent said...

No jell-o huh? (I love jello!)

Thanks for the comment on our blog. And you wouldn't think the ward boundaries changing would have such a huge effect but it did. It is so weird not to see you and all the other now 2nd warders. I keep thinking we will cross paths at some point! :)