Monday, May 19, 2008

Growth

As of Sunday I have a 6 Tooth Boy! Three on top, three on the bottom, and the left side is definitely winning. And today, my baby took two steps by himself! Oh my goodness! I can't believe it. Princess was not a really early walker, but this kid is cruising. Yes, for those of you trying to add it up, he won't be ten months old for another ten days. Watch out world, Bear is on the loose. Well, technically we have baby gates up, but he's more able to be on the loose, quicker anyway, then he was last week. Crazy.

Three beds in the back planted now and they're growing! Corn, pumpkins, potatoes, celery (which I hate but Princess loves), tomatoes, peppers and cantaloupe (yeah right, one can dream I suppose). Tomorrow I'll work on the onions, yellow crook neck squash, acorn squash, zucchini, Brussels sprouts & cabbage. I am hoping to get the herbs in this week too--I have purple sage, lemon thyme, tarragon, chives, oregano & parsley to plant. The garden is a great place to work things out lately. Makes the achy shoulder ache, but certainly does the rest of me some good. I recently found this quote and it made me smile--I sneak glances out the kitchen window much more frequently when I've just planted things!

I used to visit and revisit it a dozen times a day, and stand in deep contemplation over my vegetable progeny with a love that nobody could share or conceive of who had never taken part in the process of creation. It was one of the most bewitching sights in the world to observe a hill of beans thrusting aside the soil, or a rose of early peas just peeping forth sufficiently to trace a line of delicate green.
--Nathaniel Hawthorne

No comments: