Monday, January 7, 2008

"I urge you to examine your life. Determine where you are and what you need to do to be the kind of person you want to be. Create inspiring, noble, and righteous goals that fire your imagination and create excitement in your heart. And then keep your eye on them. Work consistently towards achieving them."
- Joseph B. Wirthlin
~
With the new year comes the pressure to figure out how to make something more of oneself. As usual, I've fallen for the lure of a little more personal perfection than I currently possess and have outlined a few things to work on in 2008. So far I am doing good, but Mondays always bring an opportunity for me to fall off of my forward-moving wagon of hope, so here's a little concrete reminder to myself. Plus, the NaNoWriMo people subscribe to telling as many people as possible about a goal so that you are far too deep to back out without basically letting everyone know your a big 'ol quitter-roo. Even though I didn't win this year, I learned a ton about moving forward with monumental tasks.
~
For starters, one of my CU goals is to "Develop a wellness program for yourself and maintain your schedule for three weeks". My current "wellness plan" consists of 1) Going for a walk 5 days a week, 2) No snacking after 10pm, 3) No skipping meals or snacks 4) Take my vitamins every day, 5) Feed the baby at midnight and actually go to sleep after that. I did great last week, 100% on #1 & #4!
~
Next up is to keep a tidy home. Things have been so out of control during my periods of illness in the last few years and I really want a place that can be a refuge from the cares of the world. A place where anytime the fancy strikes me I can invite others in or over without fear they'll break a leg or feel the need to call the CDC.
~
Last (for today, since I have ten million things to do), is that I really want to cut our food bills by about half, with 25% of that cut coming from our very own garden. Yesterday I found this site, and it lists a whole bunch of winter crops that can be grown in this area, so I hope to be able to have enough to can/preserve from the warm weather as well as plant cold weather stuff for year round productivity.

No comments: